Monday, September 1, 2008

Giants

Numbers 13:28 "But the people living there are powerful, and their towns are large and fortified. We even saw giants there, the descendants of Anak!"

I remember wrestling in middle school. Back then I was a much lighter guy of about 98 pounds...and I was on the edge of the dividing line between those that wrestled in the 90-98 pound class and those that wrestled 99-110. It never failed that in tournaments, I would get placed in the latter category. I was out-weighted, oversized, and overmatched in every possible way. I would get into matches and just push with everything I had to barely move my opponent. Many times, the matches would end embarassingly with my shoulders pinned to the mat.

That sometimes happens in our spiritual lives as well. Have you ever felt like you were way too small to handle a problem that was way too big? Maybe it was a situation that you initiated..maybe not. In either case, you had to decide whether to fight or flee....stick it our or pack it in...wrestle with it or forfeit.

Maybe that's happening now... Maybe there are some "giants" that you just can't seem to beat in your life. They are bigger than you...and stronger...and all seems hopeless. That's what we're going to discuss this week...overcoming those giants...I hope you'll stay with me this week and we can learn together the perspective we need to conquer what seems impossible...

This morning...let's do this.... make a list of three giants that you are facing in your life...they can be emotional, financial, physical, emotional, or spiritual... they can be anything that right now seems too big to defeat. In your journal, write a prayer asking God to reveal to you those giants... and additionally pray that He will begin even today to open your heart and mind to the perspective that you will need to defeat them...

Blessings to you this morning and always,
Pastor Brian

No comments: