Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wednesday - "Love Out Loud"

Matthew 3:17 "And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

In the second section of this week's passage, God says "This is my Son, whom I love." These few words say so much about God and His relationship with not only Christ, but with us.

I love the way God is expressive with His love. God specifically told all who were there that day, that He loves His Son. Out loud. It wasn't hinted at or whispered. God declared His holy love for Jesus.

It's interesting how most of us assume that those that we are around know how we feel about them...whether it's a son, daughter, spouse, or family member. That isn't always the case. I once heard a joke about a guy whose wife kept complaining that he never told her that he loved her anymore. He said "I told you I love you at our wedding...if that ever changes, I'll let you know." That's not the way to do it.

I have done many, many funerals. Each time I hear at least one person tell me that they wish they had "just one more day" with the deceased. They just want to tell that person how much they mean to them. Fact is, we aren't guaranteed tomorrow...and neither are those that are most beloved to us. Declare your love, out loud, to those that are most precious. Tell those that are closest to you how you feel...in front of others.

God boldly proclaimed His love for His Son to the world...let's follow His perfect example.

See you tomorrow,
Pastor Brian

No comments: