Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday - 3-24-08 "Confused"

Greetings Internet Campus,

Do miracles still happen? Am I just missing them? There are a lot of reasons why we might miss God doing a miracle in our lives...let's look at the first one: Confusion and Close-Mindedness

Mark 16:14 (NLT2): “Still later He appeared to the eleven disciples as they were eating together. He rebuked them for their stubborn unbelief because they refused to believe those who had seen Him after He had been raised from the dead.”

Think about the scene. Jesus has risen from the dead. He has appeared in front of many people post-mortem...He has shown the holes in His hands and feet to people...yet look where the disciples were... holed up and hiding (we'll talk about why tomorrow)...

How does Jesus handle their disbelief in the miracle of His resurrection? He scolds them because they had already closed their minds. The disciples had already decided that a miracle just wasn't happening...in spite of the evidence to the contrary.

What miracle are you missing with a closed mind? Have you already shut the door on God in spite of all of the little things that you are seeing? A glimmer of reconciliation? A speck of financial gain provided by God? A hint at spiritual growth in spite of a non-believing spouse? God is providing miracles in His own way to us...we just need to be sure that we haven't already made the decision that they aren't possible (in spite of the evidence).

Write it Down: Do you think you might be missing a miracle that God is showing you (in His own way?) Why is a closed mind a bad thing? How do we limit God with our stubbornness to believe?

See you tomorrow!

Blessings,
Pastor Brian

1 comment:

Tami said...

I can so relate to missing God's miracles... for SO much of my life I missed pretty much everything God tried to show me... I took victories in my life as my doing or just luck.... Then one day.... I decided I was going to REALLY look for God at work in my life and the world... and you know what??? When I opened my mind up to the possibility that He was working... when I had just the tiniest bit of faith... I FOUND proof.... I FOUND examples of His miracles EVERYWHERE! As my faith continues to grow stronger and the Holy Spirit deepens my connection and committment to God I am ASTOUNDED at how many miracles God shows me!

So a closed mind is definitely a BAD thing... because you miss what God is trying to show you and you miss His miracles.